|Restaurant Name:||TASCA DO JOEL|
|Wine List Size:||800-1000|
|Awards and Distinctions:||Best Wine Cellar 2011 and 2012|
|Owner’s Focus:||Designing an experience that attracts patrons looking for the best seafood and an incomparable wine list
Expanding the experience beyond the restaurant, allowing the customers to purchase any of our wines in the storefront
|Download Case Study: PDF|
With such a large cellar, we couldn’t provide the proper sommelier advice to our patrons. It was time consuming for me, and the staff, to make sure they could make a broad range of suggestions within the list and to keep the advice updated.
We tested out several different iPad wine list solutions, but with 800 wines, we really needed a turnkey solution that would make choosing wine simpler for our patrons, and give us flexibility and power to manage it.
The InVine Solution
- Package: InVine PRO
- # of Devices: 4 (plus 1 on the custom-made storefront stand)
- Additional Custom Features:
- Premium Beer section
- Wine name add-on
- Product ID code
- Storefront version, with custom-made stand
- Customized wine list covers for special events
- Time dedicated to managing the wine list reduced by 80%
- Started dedicating time to new activities for the wine list
- Trying new wines on the menu before agreeing to purchase from supplier
- Promoting specific wines using the Top Picks feature
- Testing and fine tuning prices
- Increasing inventory turnover of less popular wines
- Investment recovered in just 2 months
Owner and Manager
Using InVine made managing my wine list extremely simple and fast, freeing my time to new activities such as extending my storefront online.
The close support created by the InVine team allowed us to develop exclusive features, making our wine list much more inline with the unique experience we want to provide to our patrons.
The Top Picks feature is so lean that we were able to easily provide daily suggestions to our patrons based on the weather.
More than 10.000 patrons have used our digital wine list within the first year. They often tell us how they are impressed with it and how it made the whole dining experience better.